MusicTown 2020 will take place from 6-‐19 April 2020
Closing date for submission: November 22nd @ 5pm
MusicTown Festival 2019 attracted an audience of 6,000 and featured 32 events across an 11-‐day period. www.musictown.ie
MusicTown is an annual event that celebrates the diverse landscape of performed music that takes place throughout Dublin City. Next year’s festival will examine the role of “place”
in live music in Dublin city and will continue to celebrate the key elements of “diversity”, “collaboration” and “community.” We are inviting producers to apply for inclusion in the
festival programme and for financial contributions (if required) for proposed events that focus on these elements.
MusicTown celebrates collaboration across genres and artforms. MusicTown’s programme respects all genres of music (from pop, indie, classical, traditional,
electronic, jazz, opera, folk and all stops in between), through a festival model that is sustainable, supportive and collaborative.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Dublin City Council Arts Office is seeking proposals from curators / cultural organisations / venues/ producers who are interested in presenting events within this festival in 2020.
- Assist you in curating an event specific to the theme and ideals of next year’s festival
- Promote your event as part of the festival (included in our full PR and marketing
- Provide practical assistance (this will be agreed on an event by event basis).
- Provide financial assistance (as partners are expected to bring their own resources to
proposed events, this will be agreed on an event by event basis and only where
required/feasible, not all events proposed to the festival may require or receive financial
Your event needs to:
- Take place between 6-‐19 April 2020 in Dublin.
- Show imagination in terms of your event’s location outside of orthodox live
- Present any form of musical performance that incorporates and encourages
collaboration amongst musicians, producers and people involved in multi-‐
disciplinary artistic practice.
We are particularly interested in proposals which
- Present high-‐quality Irish and/or international artists.
- Appeal to a children’s and/or “all-‐ages” audience.
- Will take place in unique and non-‐traditional concert locations
- Apply an imaginative use of space in Dublin city
- Present a creative interpretation and response to the call.
- Engage audiences and participants of all age-‐groups.
- Engages with the city’s architecture and landscape in interesting ways.
- Can appeal to, challenge and excite a local and international audience.
- Can secure other sources of funding including in-‐kind funding.
Proposals will be assessed by the MusicTown creative team and the MusicTown Advisory
Proposals should include:
• Max 4 X A4 pages.
• Clear explanation of the event’s artistic concept.
• Details of proposed venue
• How the event contributes to the priorities/objectives of the festival.
• Summary bios of key personnel (artistic and production).
• Short descriptions of 2 music events previously organised, including venue details and attendance figures.
• Full and clear budget (including other sources of financial and in-‐kind support, ticket price, ticket revenue, capacity, production and all relevant costs)
• Weblinks to audio / video examples of group/ individuals work (we cannot accept media files by email).
Send your proposal to: email@example.com
For more on MusicTown please visit: www.musictown.ie
Or find us on social media: Instagram: @musictowndublin Twitter: musictowndublin
For queries on MusicTown contact firstname.lastname@example.org