MusicTown 2018 festival takes place between 13 -22 April.
MusicTown Festival 2017 attracted an audience of 12,000 and featured over 50 events across an 11-day period. www.musictown.ie
MusicTown is an annual event that celebrates the diverse landscape of performed music that takes place throughout Dublin City. Next year’s festival will celebrate key elements of “diversity”, “collaboration” and “community” and we’ll be inviting producers to apply for financial contributions for proposed events that focus on these elements.
MusicTown celebrates collaboration across genres and artforms.
MusicTown’s programme respects all genres of music (from classical, traditional, urban, jazz, contemporary and all stops in between), through a festival model that is sustainable, supportive and collaborative.
MusicTown is an annual showcase of all genres of music being played in Dublin.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Dublin City Council Arts Office is seeking proposals from musicians / cultural organisations / venues/ producers who are interested in presenting events within this festival in 2018.
- Promote your event as part of the festival (PR, online brochure, social media).
- Provide practical assistance (this will be agreed on an event by event basis where we can match the help we can give to your needs).
- Provide financial assistance (as partners are expected bring their own resources to proposed events, this will be agreed on an event by event basis and only where required/feasible, not all events proposed to the festival may require or receive financial assistance).
Your event needs to
- Take place between 13-22 April 2018 in Dublin.
- Present any form of musical performance that incorporates either cross-genre collaboration or collaboration with other artistic disciplines such as film, visual art, literature, theatre etc.
We are particularly interested in proposals which
- Showcase high quality Irish and/or international artists.
- Appeal to a children’s and/or “all-ages” audience.
- Are innovative in terms of genre and collaboration.
- Showcase young musicians and/or target young audiences/participants
- Engages with the city in interesting ways.
- Can appeal to, challenge and excite a local and international audience.
- Can secure other sources of funding including in-kind funding.
Proposals will be assessed by the MusicTown team, members of the Dublin City Council Arts Office and the MusicTown Advisory Committee.
Proposals should include:
- Max 4 X A4 pages.
- Clear explanation of the event’s artistic concept.
- Proposed venue (where known) and/or other relevant partnerships.
- How the event contributes to the priorities/objectives of the festival.
- Summary bios of key personnel (artistic and production).
- Short descriptions of 2 music events previously organised, including venue details and attendance figures.
- Proposed budget (including other sources of financial and in-kind support, ticket price, capacity, production and all relevant costs)
- Weblinks to 3 audio / video examples of group/ individuals work (we cannot accept media files by email).
Send your proposal to: email@example.com
Closing date for submission: 5pm Monday 4th December 2017